On the Road Recipes – Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki
Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki – An effortless Chicken Teriyaki recipe made in the Instant Pot. You get a restaurant-style chicken dinner while on the the road and in your truck, with just a handful of ingredients. This must-have weeknight meal will please even the pickiest eaters, and we are 100% sure you’ll want to add this Instant Pot recipe to your on-the-road recipes!
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup honey
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons corn starch + 3 tablespoons cold water
1 spring onion, chopped, for topping
1. To make the Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki recipe: Combine 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, cayenne (if using), salt and pepper in a large shallow plate or salad bowl and coat the chicken cubes in the spice mixture. Allow to marinate for a couple of minutes while heating the Instant Pot.
2. Set the Instant Pot to saute mode and melt 1 tablespoon butter. Place diced chicken in the Instant Pot and quickly brown on all sides.
3. In the meantime, whisk together soy sauce, water, honey, fresh minced garlic, remaining garlic powder, rice vinegar, ground ginger, and crushed red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken the chicken pieces and give a quick stir.
4. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and turn the vent to seal. Press “pressure cook” and set the timer to 5 minutes. Once cooking time is over, do a quick release.
5. Use a slotted spoon to remove chicken and transfer to a large plate or bowl. Set the Instant Pot to the “saute” setting.
6. Once the cooking liquid comes to a simmer, stir together corn starch and water and whisk into the sauce until thickened.
7. Turn off the Instant Pot, transfer cooked chicken back to the pressure cooker and stir well to coat in the sauce, and reheat quickly.
8. Garnish the Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki with chopped spring onions and serve over steamed rice or cauliflower rice. Enjoy! ❤️
This Instant Pot chicken recipe will please even the pickiest eaters!